From 0-100 with DB Cargo!
Become an expert in international rail logistics in 18 months!
With EuroTRAIL you will learn about the multi-facetted world of European rail logistics from the perspective of the market leader DB Cargo.
You can expect intensive personal mentoring at DB Cargo. Every trainee plan is created individually. In conjunction with your tutor you will develop your own trainee plan which takes your interests and qualifications into account. Your local area tutor will give you professional support during your trainee time.
With euroTRAIL your career start is secure – you will receive a permanent contract in your local area department. You will have the chance to apply your know-how on an international scale. You will be working with colleagues from the subsidiary “DB Cargo Deutschland AG” where there will be a particular emphasis on the interfaces to your local area department. In this way you will get the opportunity to both demonstrate and further intensify your intercultural skills. The off-the-job phases in the program are designed to complement your practical experience with the corresponding theoretical knowledge. Be prepared to apply your knowledge first hand!
- Good to very good degree (Diploma, Masters, Bachelor) preferably in business studies, engineering, humanities or law with a major in logistics/sales/marketing/finance/controlling or HR
- Initial practical experience, preferably with experience in logistics
- Ability to think analytically and conceptually
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solution oriented and ability to integrate well
- Intercultural skills and initial international work experience
- Flexibility and mobility on a European scale
- Good command of English (B2) and a good command of the language in your target country. German skills up to level A2 preferable
- Proficient in MS Office
What you will discover
Which challenges are faced on a daily basis in rail logistics? Which processes are set in motion when a customer places an order? How do the goods arrive at their destination? How do we provide the trains with a driver and wagons? What is required for a smooth transportation process? How do we manage customer service? At DB Cargo you will get to know the rail business inside out! The euroTRAIL participants are a multi- and intercultural group of people. You will expand your European network and will benefit from international expertise. Your mentor will support you throughout the whole process and will acquaint you with the skills you need for your job and more. Attractive bonus schemes are also available.
With euroTRAIL your career start is secure – you will receive a permanent contract in your local area department.
EuroTRAIL program is once in a life time opportunity for who ever wants to gain knowledge in a dynamic environment where business practice combines perfectly with the theoretical notions.
For me, euroTRAIL is the place where I have managed to meet a lot of quality people from whom I have learned a lot and with whom I have worked in projects that have helped me in my personal development. Thanks to this program, I had the opportunity to travel frequently to various subsidiaries of Deutsche Bahn, to experience daily work alongside colleagues from different departments and countries and take part in trainings with other euroTRAIL trainees from all over Europe.
EuroTRAIL experience was a constructive one both professionally and personally and has given me the opportunity to get to know a lot better the organization in terms of business and internal culture.
Our multi-stage application process will help you, step for step, to reach your goal of becoming part of the next euroTRAIL vintage.
Your complete application documents include:
- A cover letter with a statement about the division in which you would like to start your trainee program
- Your CV
- A transcript of records or university diploma
- A copy of you’re a-level certificatesReferences for your practical experience